Tuesday 26 July 2011

Night cramps

The last few nights I have been moving in my sleep and have awoken because my calf muscles were on the verge of cramping.  It is not through lack of stretching as yesterday's fitness was yoga, which entails plenty of stretching.

It may be that I will have to look at taking some kind of supplement that contains potassium and magnesium, or trying to drink more water.  The biggest problem with cramping is that the tightness persists for a day or more afterwards, so you have to skip a day of training to let it return to normal.

I hadn't even experienced a cramp until I was 19 years old, but I have had plenty since then to make up for it.  It usually happens in my calf muscle and it feels like the muscle is going to tear in two.  From time to time I also get them in my quads.

No comments:

Post a Comment