Saturday 13 August 2011

Most active week yet running wise

I cannot remember a single day this last week where I did not run.  On one day I did not run to work, but I had my fitness test on that day, and that involves running in itself.  Almost all of those runs were with a backpack, so running with a pack no longer seems to present any problem - it seems perfectly comfortable.

Today I ran up to the top of the Uetliberg where I met Anny and her dad, who is staying with us at the moment.  I took Negrita along with me, as this will probably be the last chance for her to run with me this year.  It was very hot but I felt good.  The pace was not that fast but given the heat and the uphill nature of the run it was perfectly acceptable.

Tomorrow we will probably go to near Appenzell where there is a barefoot path.  If we do wake up and decide to go there, I am going to make good use of my time and cycle there.  There is no point in me taking a train when I can go by bike instead.  All I need to do is make sure that I leave a couple of hours earlier than Anny and her dad leave.  It is certainly easily reachable by bike from Zurich.  Looking at the map all you need to do is cycle down to Rapperswil and then take a couple of smaller roads.  Distance wise it looks a little less than going to Chur.  I have never cycled in the Appenzeller region and it will be good fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment