Thursday 23 December 2010

Publicising my MDS 2012 entry. Success!!!!

Today I received a very exciting email from Concept2, one of the most if not the most well known manufacturer of rowing machines in the world.  Although they already support various charities directly and are not able to sponsor me, they agreed to feature me in their monthly newsletter which goes out to 20,000 people.  That is a much larger audience than I could have hoped for in terms of potential sponsorhip sources.

I now have to start thinking about what to write in my short summary and what kind of photo would be most appropriate.  I was thinking about taking a picture of me sitting on my Concept2 rower with a sign which reads in big letters "MDS 2012 for Mencap", and wearing one of those khaki desert caps with the fabric that covers your neck.  What do you think?  I was also thinking to add a link to my blog so people can follow my progress, but that got me thinking that maybe I need to set up a website of my own with a blogging section on it.

Some of you may have noticed by the way that I have monetised my blog and enabled GoogleAdsense.  Any money that I do get from Adsense I will be putting towards my fundrasing target, at least until my minimum fundraising target of 9,500GBP has been achieved.

I would like to add that I am now on holiday for the next week so I will have more time to update my blog with new and informative posts.  But that's all for today folks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment