Monday 20 December 2010

MDS 2012

Dear friends, Romans and countrymen

I don't know if you know what MDS is, but it has been deemed one of the toughest footraces on the planet.  Running through the Sahara desert in searing heat, and completing 5.5 marathons in 6 days.  Only crazy people attempt it.  But I want to be one of them.  There is a certain camaraderie in these events that you can never forget afterwards.

Entries for 2011 and 2012 are full via the non-charity routes, but a few of the charities still have places for 2012.  I applied to do it for Mencap and they have said that I have a high likelihood of being chosen as long as I submit a detailed fundraising plan in the next few days.  In order to go I need to commit to raising 9,500GBP for Mencap.

I will of course be putting up a significant amount of money myself.  I haven't decided exactly how much yet, but I am thinking of 2,000GBP or thereabouts.  So that leaves me with 7,500GBP to raise.  It won't be easy but with all of your help, however big or small I am sure I can make it.

I am not sure the best way to do this yet, but I will probably set up a website with a payment link on it so that people can contribute.  As soon as I have sorted that part out I will post it here on my blog.  But in the meantine if you would like to contribute please let me know and it will give me a better idea of how realistic it is for me to achieve the fundraising target.

A big shout out to you all
Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment