Monday 14 February 2011

What better way to start my birthday than with a new PB

This morning was another early one, despite it being my birthday.  I woke up at 5am and after opening my presents and playing a little treasure hunt game that Anny had prepared for me I went to the gym at work.

I decided to have a proper attempt at the timed 1 hour Concept2 row that I had tried the other day but couldn't focus properly on, knowing that my neighbours downstairs could hear me and were not amused.  But at the UBS gym there is no-one to care about the noise of the fan whirring, and I knew I could do a better performance.

I started off quite fast and the pace /500m was below 2:00 for almost the whole of the first thirty minutes.  Then as tiredness started to set in the pace went more towards 2:05.  I knew that I was going to beat my distance of 13,521m from last time, but I still wanted to do a lot better than that.

In the end I managed a total distance of around 14,400m.  I would give the exact figure but tonight whilst plugging the cable from my laptop to my PM3 so I could read the data off my log card which I took to work with me, something snapped inside the PM3 and I can no longer use it as a card reader.  I will have to get a replacement and then I will be able to give the exact figure.

This was a great start to the day indeed.  I had a quick look at the Concept2 online world rankings for men of all ages, both heavyweights and lightweights, and I am now in the top 50th percentile, which I am very pleased with.

No comments:

Post a Comment