Wednesday 1 February 2012

Training indoors is more fun when it is like Siberia outside

I was shocked when I went outside yesterday and felt just how cold it was.  I could have sworn I lived in Zurich and not in Siberia, but yet for a moment I was confused.

I was on my way to Pilates and rather glad that I wasn't going to be outside for too long.  I do Pilates twice per week now, and I will be doing it again today.  It was a really good workout but I was not aching at all this morning quite to my surprise, especially as I set a new PB for press ups yesterday evening (60 reps).

I cannot avoid the cold for too long though.  Today I could go to the gym after Pilates or do hot yoga instead, but what I really need to be doing is trail running.  Maybe I will make a compromise - 21km instead of 32km.  If I take Negrita with me on the first part I think she will need to be wearing her doggy coat for sure.

Despite it being damn cold it looks so pretty out there today though.  It could be a lot of fun running in the white wonderland I see out of the window.  The more I write the more I convince myself to stop being a baby and to get out there and run like a man.  See you on the trails.

No comments:

Post a Comment